Friday, July 5, 2013

Nail Care Routine

Hi! Today I bring you this post explaining everything I do and use to take care of my nails. Maybe this could also be a kind of how to do a manicure post but I don't know! so moving along...

First, I remove the polish I have on, I normally use Cutex nail polish remover, but I recently started using the Essence stawberry/passion fruit one and I like it so far!


Then I file and shape my nails if needed, I use a glass file like the two pictured below because ever since I started wearing glass files I noticed my nails peel a lot less. Be careful not to file them while wet because they could break!


Once a week or two  I soak my nails on a bowl with warm water and some drops of liquid soap, or you could just use some shower gel like I do. I soak one hand at a time.



After that I dry my hands and use an orange stick to push back my cuticles, just push them, never cut them because you could get an infection and that's not fun.



Next I wash the excess soap off my fingers, dry my hands with a towel and wait a little while so that I don't polish them wet, because I found out the hard way that when you do,your polish cracks weirdly.
Then, I use Orly Primetime or you could just use alcohol or nail polish remover, this is not a really necessary step but I found that it helps my polish last longer, so yay.
Next I use a basecoat if I'm gonna wear some polish (I normally do) or a hardener if I'm not.



 Finally I put on some cuticle butter or oil. My favorites are Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter  from Lush and the Almond Nail and Cuticle Oil from The Body Shop. I got the lush one as a sample with an online buy and the pen as a gift from my mom but I added the link to where you can get them.




I purchased everything else at the drugstore or at Sally Beauty Supply (except the shower gel).
I hope you have an awesome weekend and that this post was somewhat helpful!



No comments:

Post a Comment