Thursday, July 4, 2013

Basecoats I own: Review

I'm gonna talk about 4 basecoats and one primer, most of them are from Orly and one from Beauty Secrets.

Orly Primetime
Let's start with the primer. Basically you just put this on your nails before any basecoat or anything and it helps prevent chipping.
Honestly this is the same as cleaning your nails with acetone/alcohol so I think this would be pointless for you to buy, it doesn't even help with chipping. Formula wise this is pure liquid and doesn't have nail polish consistency at all.

Orly Bonder
This is a rubberized basecoat that help your polish last longer without chipping. I like this basecoat so far, it does help my polish not to chip but it's not the best one, also it makes my nails a bit dry. Formula wise this is really easy to work with and like every other Orly polish I love the cap, it's great if you're clumsy like me and drop everything, this minimizes accidents.
Beauty Secrets Hardener
I never thought about buying this hardener but one day I went to Sally's looking for one and this was on sale, even cheaper than the smaller bottle, I ended up paying 2 bucks for this.This is an awesome hardener, ever since I started using it, my nails stopped peeling and breaking, I love it. The formula is super easy to work with and the brush is amazing. My only complaint about this would be that it sometimes does make the polish you put on top kinda harder to work with but nothing than an extra coat wouldn't solve. So I definitely recommend this especially if you just want a hardener.
Orly Tough Cookie
This is a nail strengthner with Okoume, as just a strengthner this works okay, nothing super amazing but as a basecoat it's awful it made my polish chip super bad, after 2 days I had almost no polish left on my nails. Formula wise this is petty much the same as the other, so I don't recommend buying this, you'd be better off with the Beauty Secrets one.
Orly Nail Armor
This is a liquid nail wrap with ridgefiller. By far my favorite basecoat out of all of these, it helps my polish stay perfect for up to 7 days with no chipping, I only change the polish because my nails grow and they look weird but this is awesome. You should totally get this if you're thinking of getting a new basecoat, also the cap is awesome and formula wise it looks white but it doesn't look white at all on the nails, just a little opaque and it's easy to work with.
I got everything at Sally Beauty Supply,I got all of them on sale, except the Bonder and the Primetime.I think they're 8 dollars each, except for the Beauty Secrets one which I think is $7.

No comments:

Post a Comment