Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Ion Color Brilliance Brights Titanium

Hey! How's everyone? I'm pretty good!
So as I said before, I made plans to dye my hair gray and I finally did it! I initially had 5 tubes of Ion Brilliance Color Brights in Titanium. My plan was to dye it at night and leave it on overnight, as I usually do with semi-permanent hair dyes. The consistency of the dye was so weird and hard to work with so I mixed it with an Ion Hair Treatment but it still was really thick but I decided to go on anyway.Then halfway through I realize I was missing one tube and I looked EVERYWHERE and I couldn't find it, I even stained my curtains oops, also I ended up needing way more than I thought initially. Finally I could only dye half my hair. So Friday morning I woke up, washed the dye out and called all the Sally's near me to see if they had the dye in stock and when I found one that had 10 in stock I went and got 7 tubes, I almost got 10 but decided against it.

So that night I dyed my hair again, this time my sister helped me and I was shocked that I had to use all 7 tubes, this time I mixed it with conditioner so that the consistency wasn't so pasty. I left it overnight and when I washed it out I realized it came out this super dark gray color instead of a grandma gray,it still is a lovely color and I'm hoping it fades to a lighter pretty gray but we'll see!

Overall, I would buy this dye again but making sure I got enough to cover my whole head.
If you want a really dark gray, then this is the dye for you, but I must warn you that you need to commit to it, otherwise you´d be better off with another brand. I'm really happy with the color it turned out but if you´re looking for more of a light gray I'd recommend buying a purple based blue preferably by manic panic and mixing it with conditioner until you get the shade you want.
Also, make sure you have really blonde hair before applying. I toned my light blonde hair before using the dye.


I really hope this was helpful and that you try this product out!

UPDATE:
Ok so I had my hair this color without redying for about 4 or 5 months before it completely faded, keep in mind I used a conditioner with some dye in it to keep the color vibrant, also I didn't wash my hair with shampoo everyday, just about once a week or two weeks, in between shampoo washes I washed my hair with conditioner or used dry shampoo. Also this dye stained my hair green! I have absolutely no idea why but it faded to an ugly green with then faded to a dirty mint color which in a way was good because I dyed my hair green afterwards, so if you're going with a super light hair color next you'd probably have to bleach the color out, but if you're dying it a super bright or dark color next I'd say you're good. I used Manic Panic Electric Lizard on top of the leftover color and it showed pretty much true to the color on the pot.

3 comments:

  1. Dude. You are supposed to use cream developer with the color lmao. Then it is the PERFECT consistency and you don't need 14 tubes for 1 head

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Actually as this is a semipermanent dye you don't need to add developer, semipermanent dye is supposed to go on the hair straight from the tube.

      Delete
  2. You can actually thin it with just plain old water. Some ppl use conditioner but I think that pastelizes it a little too much. Water works fine. It IS super thick though, I agree.

    ReplyDelete