Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Favorite Semi-Permanent Hair Dye

Fun fact about me: Over the past 3 years I've dyed my hair a ton of different colors, blue, green, white, lilac, you name it and I've used a bunch of brands but there's this one that I keep coming back to. Manic Panic.


And I've heard a lot of people say that they had bad experiences with Manic Panic but honestly, this dye sticks to my hair like no other, the only "weird" one was Ultra Violet that faded after a month but even then it left my hair a nice gray color, and the 3 blues I´ve tried haven´t stained my hair that ugly green shade that other dyes do (I´m looking at you kuul). My favorite so far has to be Hot Hot Pink, that super hot pink stayed on my hair for months even after swimming for 4 days in a row, and when it started to fade it did to a nice pastel pink and then to a peach-y color.


A huge plus is that is vegan and it also conditions your hair and leaves it super soft.


Some of the dyes glow under black light, which around Halloween was especially amusing for my little cousins.


The consistency is almost the same as a conditioner except a little more liquid-y.



You can mix them to create your own shade or dilute them with conditioner to get the shade you want but it makes the dye last less time although I think they came out with a "pastelizer" that promises to dilute the color but last as long as non-diluted but I have yet to try that.
Normally the color lasts in my hair around 3-4 months but I think it has to do with the fact that I leave the dye on all night and wash it in the morning.
Currently my hair is half Atomic Turquoise over faded Voodoo Blue and Half Hot Hot Pink diluted with a little bit of conditioner.


Have you tried Manic Panic? What do you think? What's your favorite brand of dye?

No comments:

Post a Comment